As I eat my Dannon yogurt . . .

Last week, Cam Newton opened his mouth and let some sexist crap fly out toward a woman sports reporter in a press conference and the world lost their minds!
The NFL released a statement, condemning Newton’s comments as well.
“The comments are just plain wrong and disrespectful to the exceptional female reporters and all journalists who cover our league. They do not reflect the thinking of the league,” NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said in the statement.
White women tweeted up a storm!
Dannon Yogurt cut ties with




Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article177078141.html#storylink=cpy

How dare the face of the Carolina Panthers say something sexist to a reporter? Cause it's not like he has done this before.

Picture it, 2012, Cam and the Carolina Panthers lose another close game. It's been like this all season. A black woman sports reporter asks Cam what is he going to get the offense ready to win the close games.
Cam's reply?

“I’m going to leave this room and I’m going to bring in a suggestion box and I want your suggestions to be in that suggestion box because I sure don’t know,” Newton said. “I really don’t. I wish I could tell you. But the only thing I control, sweetheart, is myself. Offensively, I am the leader of this bunch and we haven’t been getting the job done.”

Response from the rest of the media? *Crickets* 
Only Herb White, my editor from The Charlotte Post had something to say. Yeah, because I was the black sportswriter that Newton called "sweetheart." 
So, I knew he was a sexist ass. 

This whole situation had me laughing, not because Newton's comments were funny or anything, but because 
it's super clear that black women don't rank when it comes to the NFL.
And most NFL fans don't have a damned clue about what comments like this mean to women working in this field. It's not easy to get a sports writing job when you don't stand up and pee. So, you can best believe the women who are sports reporters know more than every man in the room.
Though, they are probably making less money.
And if you're a black woman in that room, you know more than everybody.
I say all of this to say, Cam Newton is a dick.
The NFL ain't shit.
The Charlotte Observer ain't shit.
All of these people calling for the reporter to be fired for her racist tweets while she was in college but are caping for Cam ain't shit.
And I'm enjoying this peach Dannon Oikos Triple Zero yogurt.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Woman rapes a dead man and gets pregnant

We can be so petty

Django Unchained or The live version of Catcher Freeman